City of London, London
£18 - £21 per hour
26 days ago
10 Apr 00:00
Company Secretary - Urgent Temporary Role - IMMEDIATE START REQUIRED
An amazing opportunity to join an organisation that is shaping the infrastructure within the UK economy.
Summary of Role
Provide company secretarial and governance support to the Board of this company and its Committees, including business management and administrative services.
Prepare, collate and distribute Board and Committee material in a timely manner prior to meetings. Ensure all minutes and actions are captured effectively and that a record of agreed actions is maintained until the item is closed.
Internal & External Interactions
Board Directors Independent Chair
Independent Non-Executives Executive Committee
Internal and External senior Stakeholders
* Acts as Company Secretary to Board, and additional committees, chair and counsel
* Redacts minutes in line with the Redaction policy.
* Ensures the Company complies with its Articles, relevant Companies Act legislation, guidelines and best practice and meets all necessary statutory filing and disclosure requirements.
* Works closely with the Chair of the Board and Committees to plan and arrange new member induction and training and handles any administration in relation to their appointment and on-going work for the committee.
* Liaises with the Board, Committee and internal/ external stakeholders as required.
* Supports the Chairs as necessary to ensure that the Board and Committees operate in accordance with their Terms of Reference.
* Acts as main point of contact for Non-Executive Directors.
* Creates and maintain Director's Packs.
* Arranges appropriate training including preparation of material where required, for Directors.
* Manages Board effectiveness reviews.
* Supports the Chair's review of Directors' development.
* Creates and maintains role profiles for Committee Chairs.
* Deputises for the Corporate Governance Manager as required.
* Schedules meetings, takes minutes and undertakes all of the administrative support needed to ensure the Board and Committees function smoothly.
* Ensures all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and professional manner; prepares and monitors the Committees' work plans; manages activities against the work plans.
* Effectively completes meeting preparation/briefings for the Board.
* Creates Microsoft documentation (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word) and manages ad hoc correspondence from Directors, Committee members, including independent Non Executives.
* Collaborates closely with other members of the companies Governance team to share best practice and provide support and cover as needed.
* Ensures Committee members are aware of their duties and responses.
* Comply and / or ensure compliance with the companies Data Protection policy, processes and all relevant legislation. This includes maintaining team specific retention schedules, records of data processing and ensuring that any data protection risks are identified, communicated and mitigating actions put in place.
* Maintain effective communication on data protection compliance with the CPO and DPO as appropriate.
* Identify section specific data protection risks, and mitigating actions, communicating these to the CPO and DPO without delay.
* When aware, communicate, in confidence, to the CPO and / DPO, data protection risks likely to impact the organisation as a whole.
Knowledge and Experience
* Detailed knowledge of Company law.
* Proven corporate governance experience of Board and Committee meetings.
* Relevant banking and/or payments industry experience.
* Experience of working across organisations and at all levels.
* Some experience of policy and planning.
* Detailed knowledge of Companies Act 2006
* Strong understanding of governance and best practice
* Experience of dealing with Board; Independent Non-Executives and Senior Management
Qualification and Training
* Chartered Secretary (ACIS) / Lawyer or equivalent with 7+ years post qualification experience