Back to job search
Manager, Customer & Market Insights
Are you naturally curious? Do you enjoy exploring the motivations that drive customers to respond? Have you mastered translating data into insights and insights into action? And most of all, do you want to personally make a big impact?
The role of Manager , Customer & Market Insights will join a growing, world-class listening function that acts as the chief evangelists and storytellers of who their customers are and what they care about — by role, market, industry and geography.
My client is a strategic company asset that informs product roadmap and innovation priorities, marketing and branding, competitive positioning and customer retention and growth strategies.
They engage with their customers through a variety of listening methods, including surveys, focus groups, listening tours, advisory boards. They thank them for their feedback by closing the loop and sharing how their input drives our outcomes.
*Who we're looking for:*
We're looking for an individual who's excited about customer research, the intersection of technology and business, and making a lasting impact on a rapidly growing and innovative company.
The ideal candidate will be a research professional with a strong consultative approach who thrives in a fast-paced, highly collaborative and entrepreneurial environment. They are passionate about discovering impactful insights, delivering thoughtful recommendations and influencing business decisions to maximize value.
*Roles & Responsibilities:*
* Ability to leverage insights and storytelling to influence senior executives and impact business decisions
* Develops deep knowledge of business, customer and competitive landscape and translates business questions into customer listening plans that included mixed method research programs
* Integrates insights from a vast array of primary and secondary sources to create a holistic, 360 degree view of the customer
* Demonstrate thought leadership by leveraging business knowledge to proactively identify new research opportunities and listening engagements.
* Becomes a strategic partner and trusted advisor to marketing leadership
* Owns and conducts research for marketing stakeholders, including:
* Advertising/marketing campaign testing from concept development to in-market effectiveness testing
* Pricing, Packaging & GTM studies
* Focus Groups,
* Messaging & Naming Studies
* ROI Studies
* Quantitative survey design and logistics
* Collaborate with team members to analyze results, identify key insights, and generate clear business recommendations
* Ability to travel ~10% for in person customer engagements and listening events (post-COVID)
* Define and develop your career, your profession and the future of Salesforce
*Required Skills & Qualifications:*
* 6+ years professional experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods
* Customer-obsessed and relentless in leveraging insights to inform the right decisions
* Proven track record of influencing and inspiring cross-functional peers and senior leaders to take action on insights
* Self-motivated and capable of working in a fast-paced, startup environment while managing multiple projects simultaneously
* Ability to translate data and insights into powerful, compelling stories that bring customers to life and inspire action
* Natural collaborator and team player
* Experience selling research plans to business partners and leadership — funding for your research programs will come from these stakeholders
* Strong written communication, verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work and collaborate with cross functional teams, including Marketing, Sales, Customer Experience, Product Management and Product Strategy
* BA, BS degree, or equivalent
*Preferred Skills & Qualifications:*
* French or German fluency
* Programming and data analysis experience using survey tools such as Qualtrics or Decipher
* Understanding of enterprise software, CRM applications, and/or B2B products
* A mix of client and supplier side market research experience
about 1 month ago