Up to £70,000
28 days ago
My client is seeking a highly motivated Finance Manager to deliver excellent operational and financial results and to lead ongoing improvements in global systems and processes. They are looking for someone with a strong technical background, data management skills but also a strong leader with influence and communication skills.
• Oversee the management of the day to day finance function within UK, Ireland and Netherlands offices.
• Lead the delivery of a high quality month end close for UK, Ireland, EU subcontractors and Netherlands including review or preparation of journals, ledger and intercompany reconciliations as necessary.
• Provide insightful management reporting after month end close, annually as part of the budget process and ad hoc forecasting as required.
• General ledger responsibility for UK, Ireland and Netherlands operations.
• Develop team to identify process and system optimisation opportunities. • Lead global standardisation and optimisation projects ensuring smooth delivery and ongoing use of new systems and processes.
• Manage year end process ensuring timely completion of annual documentation across the Team to include requirements for the Group Reporting and Local GAAP Statutory Audit.
• Review compilation and submission of VAT returns which includes VAT registration in multiple EU countries. • Lead accounts payable and receivables teams.
• Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with business leaders including Senior Manager Asset Recovery, operations and sales members.
Formal Education & Experience:
• Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related discipline.
• Qualified accountant and member of Institute body.
• Minimum 8 years post graduate accounting experience
• Minimum of 5 years experience of managing a Team.
• Analytical and highly numerate.
• Knowledge/familiarity with the administration of IT systems.
• Strong communication skills - both oral and written.
• Strong influencing skills to implement solutions without direct line authority.
• The ability to develop a team with particular emphasis on succession planning.
• Proven initiative and ability to think laterally to contribute to ongoing improvements in systems and processes.
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities with a quantitative aptitude; intellectual curiosity with the ability to exercise judgement.
• Effective planning, organisation and time management skills.
• Team player - willing to be part of a team and supportive of other team members.
• Accurate and high attention to detail.