£40000 - £50000 per annum + Pension, Bonus, PMI
about 1 month ago
01 Apr 00:00
An exciting new opportunity has arisen with my client at their Head Office based in Egham. My cloient is recruiting for an experienced .Net Developer to join their small yet friendly team.
Due to the location of my clients offices candidates must have access to a car.
On a daily basis, and as a .NET Developer you will be responsible for helping to debug, develop, build and deploy products to the coding standards defined by the Head of Software Development as well as creating new deployment processes to enable output of new products to customers.
- Working on bug fixes and enhancements to existing applications and new projects;
- Building and deploying applications to the system test environment using Msbuild and Octopus;
- Liaising with the test team to ensure changes are robust and to specification;
- Setup and configuration of new customer implementations on our core product;
- Assisting support with live customer issues;
- Liaising with BA's and product owners to create user stories;
- Liaising with BA's and PM's to provide development impact on new work;
- Managing your JIRA queue of bugs and tasks;
- Writing and running of ad-hoc SQL queries for reporting or issue resolution.
What you'll need:
- An enthusiastic, self-motivated and ambitious attitude to work;
- Great team working ethos;
- Highly organised approach to work;
- Developing experience in ASP.NET C# using Visual Studio;
- Skill experience of SQL databases - writing stored procedures and backup/restore;
- Experience of web technologies i.e. MVC, Web APIs, REST and XML/JSON services;
- Experience of source control and branching using TFS;
- Experience of automation tools such as Octopus Deploy and MS Build;
- IIS setup & configuration experience.
What is desired:
- Educated to Degree Level/High A Levels;
- 2 to 5 years Development experience;
- Experience of working in a DevOps or Azure cloud-based environment;
- Experience of working with containers in Docker;
- Experience of working with a microservices architecture.